Lindsey Graham was Publicly Booed for his Incoherent Defense of Brett Kavanaugh
Lindsey Graham got booed for defending Brett Kavanaugh
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) got booed — loudly — by the public for defending Brett Kavanaugh.
Speaking at the Atlantic Festival, Graham discussed the ongoing confirmation hearings for Kavanaugh and Dr. Christine Blasey Ford’s testimony against Trump’s Supreme Court nominee.
“I thought she was handled respectfully. I thought Kavanaugh was treated like crap,” Graham said.
Related: Devin Nunes Criticizes Senate Questioning of Kavanaugh, Calls it “A Collapse of the Republic”
Immediately, the claim was greeted by boos and hissing in the audience.
“Well, boo yourself,” the South Carolina senator angrily responded.
He added, “I really believe that Brett Kavanaugh is not a gang rapist, a sexual predator, or a stumbling, bumbling drunk. I really believe that, and I don’t care whether you believe it or not.”
Graham has emerged as one of Kavanaugh’s staunchest defenders and apologists. He has even argued that if the Senate decided to reject Kavanaugh, Trump should refuse to nominate anybody else for the vacant court position.
And Graham ridiculously asserted that missing out on the lifetime appointment would “ruin” Kavanaugh’s life.
A pro-Trump audience cheered on Trump as he smeared Dr. Ford at a campaign rally, but Graham quickly found out that in the rest of America the absurd defense Republicans have mounted doesn’t play as well.
Casting Kavanaugh as the victim of the process, not long after Trump held her up for ridicule, prompted an immediate backlash.
And it made Lindsey Graham upset.
- Kanye West Delivers Bizarre Rambling Rant During Trump Visit | Reverb TV
- What do Julius Caesar and Trump Have in Common? Both Embraced Immunity From Prosecution
- “His Policies are Working” – Republican Rep. Praises Trump for Rising Healthcare Costs
- Need Help Preparing for the Midterms? These Resources and Questions Will Help You
- Trump’s America: Black Man Stalked, Reported to Police for Babysitting White Kids
- A Nobel Winning Scientist Proved There is No Conflict Between the Economy and the Environment