FACT CHECK: Trump Falsely Claims Historic Turnaround
By JOSH BOAK and CHRISTOPHER RUGABER
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump falsely claimed Friday he’s pulled off “an economic turnaround of historic proportions.”
Speaking at the White House after the government reported that the economy grew at an annual rate of 4.1 percent in the second quarter, Trump declared that the gains were sustainable and would only accelerate. Few economists outside the administration agree with this claim.
His remarks followed events Thursday in Iowa and Illinois, where Trump falsely repeated a claim that…
Canadian News Explains The Trumpanomic Dangers Lurking Behind Strong Economy:
Featured image via CBC/Youtube.
- Truth Tellers are a Force for Good — It’s Time to Empower Them
- “Deadnamed” – How Four Murdered Transgender Women Continue to Be Disrespected in Death
- “Get out of My Room!” Unite the Right Leader Humiliated by Furious Father in Live Videocast
- Sarah Sanders ‘sorry’ for lying about jobs to smear President Obama
- When Pipeline Companies Ignore Environmental Rules, Trump’s Government Drops the Rules
- Asked “Why Are You Celebrating the Murder of Heather Heyer,” Unite the Right Leader Calls on Goons