FACT CHECK: Trump Falsely Claims Historic Turnaround
By JOSH BOAK and CHRISTOPHER RUGABER
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump falsely claimed Friday he’s pulled off “an economic turnaround of historic proportions.”
Speaking at the White House after the government reported that the economy grew at an annual rate of 4.1 percent in the second quarter, Trump declared that the gains were sustainable and would only accelerate. Few economists outside the administration agree with this claim.
His remarks followed events Thursday in Iowa and Illinois, where Trump falsely repeated a claim that…
Canadian News Explains The Trumpanomic Dangers Lurking Behind Strong Economy:
Featured image via CBC/Youtube.
- Kanye West Delivers Bizarre Rambling Rant During Trump Visit | Reverb TV
- What do Julius Caesar and Trump Have in Common? Both Embraced Immunity From Prosecution
- “His Policies are Working” – Republican Rep. Praises Trump for Rising Healthcare Costs
- Need Help Preparing for the Midterms? These Resources and Questions Will Help You
- Trump’s America: Black Man Stalked, Reported to Police for Babysitting White Kids
- A Nobel Winning Scientist Proved There is No Conflict Between the Economy and the Environment