Kimmel Just Made a ‘Shocking Discovery’ about the Trumps that Will Infuriate the Deplorables
Unsurprisingly, Kimmel Finds A Lot Of Foreign-Made Trump Items, But Then Finds A More Serious Problem
A lot has been written about the fact that “America First” has not been a phrase that really applies to the Trump family business. Despite Republican Donald Trump railing about making products in America and trade deficits that he doesn’t understand, his businesses don’t live up to his rhetoric.
Jimmy Kimmel decided to have a little fun with the Trump online store for branded products. The comedian ordered a box of items to check their country of origin and found essentially nothing made in America.
But he did discover one problematic piece of info with which to have some fun. Some of the items he ordered did not have a country of origin label on them. Kimmel notes this is a legal no-no.
The late night host showed two items had no country of origin marking on them. He then walked through the law on such a violation.
I looked up requirements for country of origin marking on goods imported to the U.S. “Goods that are imported into the U.S. are required to have a country of origin marking, such as; the country of manufacture, production, or growth of any article of foreign origin entering the United States…For example, goods originating in China should be marked ‘Made in China’…Failure to properly report product of origin can result in substantial penalties. Companies can face up to $500,000 in fines per violation”.
Kimmel goes on to say he’ll “file an official complaint and let them sort it out”.
It’s clear the rhetoric still does not match what they do in practice and it appears that is never going to change. But if they are going to continue these things, they might want to clean up their act if they want to avoid looking even more incompetent than usual.
Featured image via YouTube screen cap.
- Unbelievably, Donald ‘Grab ‘Em by the P***y’ Trump Is Now The Poster Boy For Abstinence
- Watch CIA Analyst Destroy Alt-Right Barbie Tomi Lahren Over Russian Conspiracy
- What Happened to James Comey is So Wrong It’s Literally Like a Greek Tragedy
- ‘Tread Very F***ing Lightly’ — Victims Expose Trump’s Disturbing History of Threats
- BREAKING — In the Moment: School Shooting During Columbine Anniversary Gun Reform Walkout
- BREAKING: Democrats Finally File Suit Accusing Trump Campaign of Treason with Russia and Wikileaks