Samuel L. Jackson Is Asking Celebrities To Take #ICantBreathe Challenge (VIDEO)
His message is simple — to end police violence.
On his Facebook page he posted his call to action requesting those who would like to see an end to police violence record and post themselves singing these lyrics:
“I can hear my neighbor cryin’ “I can’t breathe”
Now I’m in the struggle and I can’t leave
Callin’ out the violence of the racist police
We ain’t gonna stop ’til people are free
We ain’t gonna stop ’til people are free”
Watch his challenge request below:
“I can’t breathe” were the last words uttered by Staten Island resident Eric Garner as he was brought to the ground in a chokehold by police officers. Garner subsequently died as a result. However Daniel Pantaleo, the officer involved, was not indicted on any charges even after it was ruled a homicide, and the entire incident was recorded on video.
The non-indictment of Pantaleo came right after the non-indictment of Officer Darren Wilson who shot and killed an unarmed Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri.
Tens of thousands nationwide participated in the #MillionMarchNYC Saturday to pay tribute to Eric Garner and all others who have perished because of police injustice.
- This Illegal Lumber Industry Is Growing Right Under Our Noses — But We Can Chop It Down
- Pro Life? Startling Report Reveals Trump Policies Threaten the Lives of Newborn Babies
- Shocking Fox News Poll Finds Americans are Sick AF of Trump’s BS, Ready for Impeachment
- BREAKING: Trump’s VA Pick Withdraws Nomination After More Reckless Drinking Allegations Surface
- Obviously Guilty AF Cohen Just Took the 5th — What Trump Said About That Is Mind Blowing
- French President Gets Huge, Super Long Standing Ovation from Republicans After Slamming Trumpism